20 % Nomex / 80% FR Lenzing Hood. Black. Available in styles below.
H2B2E - Two ply top, two ply bib (option for wide bib)
H2E - Same as above but with shoulder vent cut-out
The hood is 2 ply top & 2 ply bib and complies with the specifications outlined in the latest edition of NFPA 1971. This hood is the same as the 2B2E hood, but a with a shoulder vent cut out added.
- 2 ply hood throughout, measuring 13” from the crown to the bib seam.
- Width is 8.5” from the top of the face opening to the back seam & 10” from the bottom of the head to the back seam
- The hood has a full 2 ply bib which extends 5” at the shoulder and 8” in the front and back
- The face opening is sewn with 3/8” heavy duty covered elastic and measures 5 5/8″ +0/-1 and can be stretched to a circumference of 31″
H2B2E-TRI - With triangle insert in the back
- 2 ply hood throughout, measuring 12.5″ from the top of the face opening to the bottom in front, 16″ from crown to bib seam in the back, 13″ crown to the shoulder notch on the sides
- Width is 9″ from the top of the face opening to the back seam & 9.5″ from the bottom of the face opening to the back seam
- The width at the bottom of the hood is 14.25″
- The face opening is sewn with 1/2″ heavy duty covered elastic and measures 5 5/8″ +0/-1 and can be stretched to a circumference of 31″
All seams are sewn with 100% Nomex™ thread and a 6 thread flatlock safety stitch is used for both durability and a comfortable flat “butt” seam.
All testing is performed by Underwriters Laboratories in accordance with NFPA 1971 latest edition and the hoods meet all of the required specifications (including labels). Underwriters Laboratories also provides quarterly visits to Quest Fire Apparel's manufacturing site and testing on a continuing basis.